Sunday, February 24, 2008

SPLIT.

For quite a few months I’ve known of a rumor that our solitary ward was going to split. I have been so depressed about it because no matter how we did the math, all of our friends would end up in a ward opposite of us. Today, the stake president authenticated the rumors, they split the ward. We are no longer the Carlsbad Ward, we are Carlsbad Caverns ward and Pecos River ward. Last night, I was talking to my husband about how sad I was going to be when they made the announcement and my husband said, “Yeah, it’s sad, but it is showing that the gospel is spreading and more people are accepting it.” I felt so humbled by his words. I never even considered the purpose of the gospel, I was just selfishly thinking of myself. I kept those words in my mind as they made the announcement today and I actually felt excited! I am so grateful for my wise husband, and for the opportunity to be in the midst of religious growth in Carlsbad… and maybe now I will get a calling!

No comments: