Monday, February 16, 2009

Can't teach an old dog new tricks...

Very recently, I have learned something about myself. I just do not learn from my mistakes. On Valentine's Day I baked like four or five dozen cookies. I had some friends and their little kids come over to decorate cookies. But as I was baking, I did something. Over and over and over. I melted my eyelashes! More specifically, the mascara on my eyelashes. After EVERY SINGLE batch of cookies beeped, I would open the door, lean into it to check the coloring... and every time a waft of heat would melt my face! I realize that I do this whenever I use my oven, be it casserole or dessert! Which mean I go through a great deal of my life with five giant eyelashes, because all of them have melted into this giant tarantala look! I'm telling you this, because some day I am going to go blind. And when you hear this news, you can shake your head at me and say, "She never learned..."

4 comments:

Mom Ricks said...

It reminds me of what happens in my place when I open the oven door, especially on a cold day and the apartment is cool, well, anyway, the heat comes out and goes directly up and sets off our oversensative smoke alarm! Then I have to flap a dish towel up toward the ceiling and blow the hot air away from the alarm until it stops! I scares me everytime.
Krystle, maybe you out to put a post-it on you oven dial that says "remove all eye make-up before turning on the oven".

KymandKalab said...

You crack me up Krystle. I love your posts.

The Bundy's said...

Hey! I just want you to know that last month I blogged 7 times and this month 6 times already and the month isn't over. And you didn't think I could do it ;) Hehe just teasin'. Hey next time you melt yourself could you take a picture and post it...thanks :)

The Bundy's said...

OH YAY!!!! That's awesome! I've been thinking about you a lot (wishing and hoping for you.) And you're right it IS because of you I've been blogging so much :)