Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tis' the Season...

I guess this is the season for Ricks icks! We just finished off Grayson's antiobiotics and for two whole days he was happy and well and things were good and life was normal and the house was clean and Mommy was happy and then BAM! Grayson woke up on Monday morning with this weird red spot on his eyelid. Later on in the day I noticed another little red dot appearing next to the first one on his eyelid. two days later, two more bumps appeared underneath his eye. Today, Grayson got out of bed and I noticed there was a third bump under his eye equaling five. And now, all the bumps looked kind of "juicy" and scabby. I had been thinking this might be Pink Eye all week but after today I knew it was something else. Barry and took him to the doctor and sure enough: Our son has a Staph Infection and a Sty (Inflammation of one or more sebaceous glands of an eyelid, I looked it up). THANKFULLY, it's not contagious but now I'm starting to wonder where in the world Grayson is getting all of this stuff!
Well, for the strong stomached, here is picture for all you Moms. Now if your child gets it you'll know what it looks like! (It looks worse in person but this is the best photo I could get)


The saddest part is that my Mom refused to take him to my Dad's office today because

no one at his work has seen his grandson yet, but Grayson wasn't "Cute enough to show off" hahahahaha! Isn't that terrible! (Don't judge her, haha)

5 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Im sorry...I hope he gets better!

Emily said...

oh Krystle! i'm so sorry! I thought i was pretty sad with everything i have been going through but he just keeps on getting hit! Good luck. he is s lucky to have you as a mommy!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Man, he is going to have the best immune system by the time he starts school! He gets sick so often. Poor baby! Natalee was like that. She was ALWAYS sick and no one else would catch it. Hope he gets well soon and stays that way for a while this time.

Gardners said...

Hey "The Ricks"
The craziest things happen to babies! Keegan seems to get sick almost every other week. I don't know if its because we let him take his baths in the toilet or what. :) I'm excited for you both moving into a house. Congrats! One day maybe for us. Not in Denver though. The cost of living is sky high!

Sarah said...

That is the cutest/saddest picture! Just look on the bright side, at least he didn't have staph somewhere else! Noah got it from wrestling in his intestines and that is a mess that no one should ever have to experience!