Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Life and Love... :)

Life is so boring right now. Hardly anyone has posted a blog in a while, so I'm wondering maybe February is just a slow month for everyone. You people need to start writing more because I need something to read! These last few weeks have been rough. I am so incredibly un-busy right now, I am going crazy! But it's not like I can leave the house, because walking too much induces the "up-chuck" effect.
But besides a mysterious rash in a place I can't mention, Grayson is healed from all other ailments (ABOUT TIME!). I'm slightly worried because the staph infection left little scars under his eye... I just hope they go away as he gets bigger. BUT, now that's he's feeling better, he's back to entertaining himself. "Who needs Mommy when I've got my car to scoot around the house?" So with a healthy boy, and a busy-with-work-and-school husband, I'm stuck sitting on the couch twiddling my thumbs. Yesterday, I sat and watched like a three-hour version of "Anne of Green Gables" while Grayson played around my feet. I've practically lived on the couch, and I am getting soooooooo sick of it!

Couch Potato Me is not only affecting me, but everyone. My lack of living has created the most boring conversations. When Barry gets home from school all I have to talk about is Grayson (which of course will never get old) and whatever news I dug up on the internet. Because I have been bored, I've become a boring person. YIKES! I've got to get out, get some fresh air... go to Walmart!

As a side note, I never mentioned Valentine's Day. Like I said, Barry has been extremely busy. He told me he was worried that he wouldn't be able to get me anything for V-Day because of that fact, so jokingly I told him he'd just have to pick another day to be my special day. So Valentine's rolls around and my parents LOVINGLY agreed to watch Grayson so Barry and I could make the hour drive up to Roswell. We got to have dinner at a restaurant that WASN'T Chili's (the only good restaurant in our town) and we got to go to an actually nice movie theatre where you didn't have to squint your eyes because the screen was blurry and covered in tears and spit wads. It was a perfect day.

The Monday after comes and Barry is late for lunch... an unusual happenstance. So he walks in the door carrying a huge bouquet of bright happy flowers, a pack of snickers bars (my favorite) and a receipt to a movie I wanted which he purchased online. I opened the card and he had crossed out the "Happy Valentine's Day" and wrote above it, "Happy I love Krystle Day!" So he gave me my special day after all! My husband is so thoughtful. I love him so much!!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Krystle, I sit on the couch all day too, so don't feel too bad. I'm only 20 weeks but with this baby I'm feeling gigantic and my bones ache all the time. But at least this is all foreshadowing better things to come.

Christina said...

Krystle, if you are that bored call me!!! We can hang out and scrapbook or watch our kids play together or watch a movie or paint our nails, the list could go on and on and on!! Maybe I should call you more often?!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Enjoy boredom when you get it! You will miss it, along with your mind, soon enough. A few kids later and you will be longing for these boring times.
Barry is a sweetheart! You're so lucky!

The Druces' said...

Be GRATEFUL you child will sit and play at your feet! We cannot take our eyes off of Audrey or its crying, whining, throwing things, breaking things, reading books, playing with her or just plain attention she wants. she wont just sit still and play!

KymandKalab said...

I updated my blog on Tuesday if you're interested!