Monday, March 1, 2010

I know... right?

A few weeks ago, my brother surprised us with some huge news: he has a girl friend. We were super excited to find out that she was coming up to Carlsbad to meet all of us, but my brother's job changed his work hours, thus shattering their plans. She was sad. He was sad. I was sad.

Around this time, we also acquired a Scooter from my aunt and uncle, but they live in San Antonio and we weren't really sure how to pick it up.

Soooo... we decided if Dee Dee (his girl friend) wasn't going to come to us, we were going to go to her... and get the scooter.

I was super excited to leave for our trip, even though we left 8 at night for a 7 hour drive, I was going to meet Dann's girl friend! With weight watchers, I'm starting to look pretty good so I was especially excited to go on our mini-vacation and meet new people!

The day before we left, my voice started to get a little scratchy, and by the time we arrived in San Antonio at four in the morning, I sounded like the love child of Fran Drescher and a troll. We hit the hay, and at 7 I woke up and my eye was hurting so I dashed to the bathroom.

It was bright red and swollen half-way shut. So before I have really met my brother's mystery girl friend, I not only sounded like Fran Drescher and Troll jr. but I look like Quasimodo!!! It was mortifying. I felt like I should hunch over and shuffle out of the bathroom shouting "Sanctuary!"

I ran to our bed, and squawked, "Barry, look at me! I'm a monster!" But before I could run out of the house, jump in the car, and hide under a draw bridge with my fellow trolls, Dee Dee walked in and we met. And I like her.

And after she adjusted to my horror movie character imitation, I think she liked me too.

It was a good trip.




QUICK OVERVIEW-
Friday-
*Went to S.A. Zoo
*Checked into our very first hotel
*Ate at the Magic Time Machine (A restaurant where all the waiters have to dress and act like their character. Our server was Mario, but we met Dora the Explorer, Batman, Frenchie, Indiana Jones, and Jasmine.... SO FUN!)

Saturday-
*Picked up Barry's Scooter
*Went to the S.A. Children's Museum-SO COOL!
*Ate lunch at a duck pond, chased down an icecream truck, fed the ducks
*Went to a REAL mall and bought Gray and Jaye's Easter Outfits, haha
*Ate dinner at Chuy's (A really good and fun Mexican restaurant)

Sunday-
* Was 15 minutes late for 9:00am church only to discover it was 8:30 am church and we were really 45 minutes late! nice.
*Visited my Mom's side of the family.
* Drove the looooooooooooong drive home and got back to Carlsbad at 1am.

SHEESH, what an adventure -packed weekend!

4 comments:

KymandKalab said...

Krystle- you crack me up. I love reading your blog. A love child between Fran Drescher and a troll- too funny. I am sorry about your sore throat and puffy eye though- from the looks of your facebook pictures the eye at least went down. Sounds like a fun and busy trip!

Unknown said...

Funny girl! You are so witty! I love you! I'm blogging again. Check it out. I'm (slowly but surely) updating an entire year in pictures :) I've made it from Feb. to June so far. haha. Love you!!!

Mom Ricks said...

Krystle you could be a great writer. I'm glad you had a fun time in San Antonio.

Dave & Ashley said...

OMG!!! You had an eventful trip to S.A. sounds fun. I like S.A. I totaly have a sickness that sounds like that. I have a really bad sinus infection, that has started to go into my eyes, so my whole face including eyelids were swullen. It was awful, i know what you mean, i had to work like that. I hope you are doing well. Sounds like you guys are. We miss you guys tons.. We always wonder what our lifes would be like if we stayed in carlsbad. We think we would have had fun... but we are very happy here, so its ok.