Sunday, March 9, 2008

Satan's cookies

Do you know what's evil? Girl Scouts. Think about it! You can usually look at a person and judge whether or not they are of shady character. This is not so with girl scouts. They are cleverly disguised as delicate little children, trying to make a difference in their community. You'd expect these endearingly green-uniformed adolescents with their sweet little cookies to be crowned with halos of light, but this is just a facade. This weekend, our town was engulfed with boxes of girl scout cookies. There was a booth on every corner with little girls standing close by tempting the innocent passersby to partake of their forbidden fruits. Naively, Barry and I made a quick stop to Walmart yesterday for the sole purpose of buying one item. After purchasing the item, we left the store and entered dark territory. Before we knew it, we found ourselves sucked into their dark world and coveting the "thin mint". We asked for one package, but the bright cardboard boxes with their alluring visuals of baked goods called to us. Instead of the one box we wanted, we walked away with five! FIVE BOXES OF COOKIES! Any organization that is that crafty... is of the devil. Beware of the girl scout.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! Lol. I wish I could find girl scout cookies here! They are never around when I go out, of course I usually shop when all the kids are in school. But I LOVE cookies...So I guess it is a good thing, if I saw a booth I am sure I would buy even more than you guys did! :)

Elise said...

We ate that whole box in two hours. Does that make you guys the devil too?