Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Law of Gravity








Ever since he was a newborn, Grayson has been hitting developmental milestones very quickly. I have been fine letting him advance at his own pace but the other day, Grayson woke up from a nap and when I entered the room I found him holding onto his crib. He was on his knees and I was so shocked! He just learned how to crawl and all of the sudden he thinks that gives him an excuse to try something new! I’m starting to realize that he is growing TOO fast! Last night, as Barry and I were getting ready for bed, Barry said “tomorrow I should lower the crib”. I agreed with him and we crawled into bed, serenaded by our crying himself to sleep baby. A few minutes later, we heard a loud THUMP, followed by silence. This uncomfortable stillness was broken by a harrowing wail. Barry rushed to Grayson’s bedroom and gasped at the doorway. It scared me to death to hear that kind of noise come from my husband, I just knew something was wrong. I heard him rush to Grayson and pick up our son from the floor. Apparently, Grayson knows more than how to get up on his knees. The only explanation was that he could stand! Barry carried him to our bedroom and checked his body to see if anything was broken or bruised. Finally, Grayson stopped crying and went on exploring our room. Barry and I just looked at each other and laughed at our silly little adventurer. We scooped him in our arms and knelt down together and gave a prayer of gratitude to our Heavenly Father for watching over our family.

After church today, we had just finished telling my parents the past evening’s tale, when lo and behold we turn to see Grayson pull himself to standing. Our jaws dropped. He just popped up with no effort! For the rest of the day, Gray practiced this new feat a million times and each time I feel more and more apprehensive. If I blink one more time Grayson will be moved out, married, and have kids of his own!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh how scary! What a smart little guy. It makes me want to lower our crib, and Parker is only rolling over. I'm glad Grayson is okay!!!