Monday, May 12, 2008

False Advice.

There’s something they don’t tell you before you have children; they can actually be boring. Who’d of thought that the precious angel you carried for nine months to fill your days with laughter and play, could occasionally be unexciting? Grayson loves to be around Mommy, but there are times in the day where he likes to sit and play in the corner with whatever toys are available. I try so hard to sit with him and get involved, but he’s perfectly satisfied without a playmate. It makes me feel guilty and sad when I start to read or do something else to entertain myself. Whatever happened to everyone’s words of warning, “You’ll never be able to relax again!” I don’t know if your kids were different, people… but I’m over-relaxing! I thought Grayson and I were supposed to be having constant daily adventures, constantly entertaining each other and learning. But here I sit… watching my child, and I am bored.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, the sad sad truth. Sometimes it really is boring. I never watched TV before I had Gage, and then suddenly I was at home all day with not a lot to do. As entertaining as little kids are, I don't want to play baby games all day long. Anyway, I overdid it on the TV thing, and that is part of why we got rid of our TV.

If it makes you feel better, things do get quite a bit more hectic when you add another child. ;) But I still have plenty of time to relax. I don't think we should have to play with the kids all day long. We mothers need time for ourselves too.

Elise said...

Hmm. I have never had that problem.

Come play with Grace when you get bored.

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

That just means you need a new baby!
Really, I've never had that problem, so lucky you and enjoy it while it lasts because it won't. :)

Sarah said...

Hey, sometimes I experience boredom as well. Dagny is really good at sitting on the floor and playing with her toys for a while. I take advantage of it though and try and get some homework done or something else. You're not a bad mom, because if you are then I am too and I definitely don't want that! You're awesome, don't worry!