Thursday, May 22, 2008

THE STORY: Yesterday, I conquered the unconquerable task of cleaning my bedroom. When we are frantically trying to make the rest of the house presentable for company, our bedroom becomes the "Dumping Grounds". The place where we toss everything that doesn't have a set place anywhere else in the house. It's also our storage closet, where we just have random objects taking up lots of space, AKA our numerous laundry baskets, our giant 72 hour kit, Barry's golf clubs, etc. Yesterday, I had some time during Grayson's nap, so I decided to tackle the disaster area.

SUB-STORY: I don't mean to gross anyone out, but I hate wearing my retainer. It's very uncomfortable so yesterday morning, I popped it out of my mouth and set it on my nightstand because the bathroom was not my first stop.

BACK TO THE STORY: So as I was going through the mounds of papers that have accumulated in my night stand drawers, I made three piles. The throw away pile went in a sack, the needs-to-be-filed papers went on top of the file box, and the ones that were to go back in my drawers went on top of the nightstand, more importantly, on top of my retainer.

LATER THAT EVENING... BED TIME TO BE EXACT: I went to my nightstand to grab my retainer and saw that it was gone. I connected the dots and realized that I had thrown the stupid plastic mouthpiece away. I told Barry that I was an idiot, and threw my retainer in the garbage that Barry had taken out hours before. My husband sprang out of bed, put his shoes on and went out to the community garbage cans while I searched hopefully around our bed. Ten to fifteen minutes later, Barry walked in and held my retainer out like a trophy. Without bragging or rubbing in my silly mistake, he simply handed it to me and jokingly said, "don't forget to wash that off," and then climbed back in bed.

MORAL OF THE STORY: There's not many people out there who would go dumpster-diving for their wife. My husband is pretty much the most amazing man in the entire universe.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is a pretty hilarious story! That sounds like our bedroom. I must admit that Barry is pretty awesome, I'm pretty sure Noah would never go dumpster diving for me because he has this slight OCD thing about dirt. I'm glad you didn't have to buy a new one!

Unknown said...

ahhh, how sweet! That's so nice of Barry. I accidentally threw away a tenants rent check once...yeah, I was too embarassed to tell them, so I did a little dumpster diving. You've definitely got a good guy. :)