Sunday, June 23, 2013

Art camp

  I just happened to see online that the "Art Guild of Eastern Idaho" was hosting a FREE summer art camp for kids of all ages. Naturally, I jumped on that! So, for one hour, three days in a row, we walked down the street to the art guild for camp. They even let Laycee do it. Since it was free, I was expecting it to be really lame, but it turned out so fun! 

    On the first day, they did texture painting. They had a textured 5x7 wooden block that each kid colored with  pastels and then painted over with turpentine- which blended everything together. 

The second day they learned about all the different types of lines- straight, zig zag, etc. Then they spent the hour drawing a picture with a line-drawing challenge. 

The third day was the messiest day of all, they even provided shirts for everyone to wear. The kids made "sand sculptures". 

My kids had a blast! And I especially loved the price of the camp! 




No comments: