Sunday, June 23, 2013

Fun day!

This past weekend our family had a blast at the Legacy Flight Museum's FREE pancake breakfast and airplane exhibit. First off, for being free, I was thoroughly impressed with the breakfast. They served not only pancakes, but sliced ham, hash browns, and orange juice. I must be small town, because that breakfast was awesome! 

Following breakfast, we walked around the museum portion. My kids (especially Grayson) absolutely loved all the guns mounted on the walls. Then we checked out all the airplanes on display. The cool thing about this museum is that all the planes are in working order, and we see them flying over Rexburg nearly every day. 

I have to admit, my Dad would be so disappointed in me because I didn't learn the history of any of the airplanes... I just liked looking at them. 



HANDSOME MAN!!!

Naturally, we had to get our family pic in front of the "Mormon Mustang". Apparently, this was a famous WWII bomber that shot down three Nazi planes. Here is the link to a cute Mormon Message about the plane. 



I love this picture! In a previous post, I talked about how much Jaye loves bugs. Well, her other passion is rocks. In this picture she is showing me her "pretty rocks" which I needed to carefully hold while she climbed inside an airplane. 
 Jaye was obsessed with the rocks, but Laycee really only cared about all the dogs. The planes were only exciting to her in the sky. The grounded planes were about as interesting to her as math is to me. But the dogs... oh, the dogs. She was in heaven! In this picture, she is lovin' on a "Chi-Weenie". 

There was one really big airplane that allowed (or at least we assume we were allowed because the door was open, but no people were around) to climb in to the cockpit. 


We had a great FREE day together. 

No comments: