Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Love in the bathroom

        My husband recently started his internship at a company in Idaho Falls. His work group call themselves "The Avengers", so I used the very last bit of my own personal precious birthday money to buy a little "Avengers" knick knack for Barry to keep on his desk at work. About 20 minutes before my husband got home from work that day, my son accidentally bumped the knick knack off the kitchen table and it broke. Before Barry ever got to see it.
 
        Blame it on being tired, poor, or the usual excuse- pregnancy hormones... but I just burst into tears. It was a really big deal for me to spend money on something so frivolous while we are in between semesters (AKA extreeeeemely poor), so needless to say, I was beyond consoling.
 
 
      Grayson kept trying to apologize, but I just really didn't want to be forgiving at the moment, so instead, I locked myself in the bathroom to cool off. I had been in there for just a few minutes when all of the sudden something was gently pushed under the door.
 
                     This sweet drawing: 
 

     He was letting me know that he loved me. And then I reeeeally felt like a horrible mom. That my kid was so worried I was mad at him, that he needed to send me a message of love. So I cried some more... out of guilt. But then I got out of the bathroom and hugged my sweet thoughtful son, and let him know that I loved him like crazy. And suddenly, the dumb Avengers knick knack didn't matter anymore.

  
             (I should just start handing out hand-drawn heart drawings to everyone... it really can fix a bad time.)