Saturday, June 15, 2013

Buggin' out

To quote my friend, "I've known little kids who love bugs. But Jaye really loves bugs." 

You have no idea how ridiculously true this statement is! This little girl is OBSESSED with catching bugs and wants to keep them all. It doesn't even matter what kind of bug it is, but her most favorite are lady bugs... and worms. 

The other day we went to the park. Normal kids would just play on the play ground. But not the Ricks' kids! They're a unique bunch. First off, they were excited beyond belief to have found two big June Bug Beetles in the bathrooms, and brought those out to play with. Then they used their expert bug-tracking skills to a small exposed bit of dirt under the slide and dug for worms. 

When I told them it was time to go, Jaye begged me to let her take her handful of worms home. After I laid down the final "NO!" she started to cry. In compromise, I said, "how about we take a picture of your worms so you can always remember them." 

And here it is... In Memory of Jaye's Worms: 

No comments: