Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Family Home Evening

    Family Home Evening isn't always an uplifting experience at our house. It's usually more of a, "Hurry up and finish your cookie so we can put you in bed because we're really tired," kind of ordeal. But these last few weeks will be chalked as a win for the Ricks Family. Barry was in charge and decided to teach the kids about Ephesians 6:11-18- the Whole Armor of God.
 
     I found some cartoon body pictures online and fake-photo-shopped the kids' heads onto them. So each week, we focused on a different piece of armor. After we read the scripture about the piece, we talked about what it meant, and then the kids got to color that piece of armor and glue it to their body pic.
 
    They all LOVED the activity and I've been surprised how well they remember the title of each piece of the armor. We finished our Armor FHE segment by watching the seminary video on Youtube called, "The Armor of God." It's for teenagers, but my kids loved it. And now after a whole month of making these little warrior pictures, I love seeing the final product displayed on our "Art door."
 
    THE FINISHED MASTERPIECES:
 
 



1 comment:

KymandKalab said...

Wow! I really need to get my butt in gear on FHE! You really do inspire me Krystle!